Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 :: Play Ringing Sound In External Speakers And Headphones When Headset Connected
Sep 4, 2010
My Xperia X10 play the ringing sound in external speakers and headphones when I have the headset connected. The same happens when I use headphones and car navigation, the sound coming out of the external speaker and headset simultaneously. If I use Bluetooth or regular headphones, the experience is the same.
When I had my Voyager, I could use my bluetooth earpiece to talk on the phone, and also get the audio from the Navigation to come through the earpiece. I was surprised tonight that when I was using my GPS on the Droid it didn't come through my earpiece which resulted in me turning my radio down significantly so I could hear the phone.
I also have a stereo bluetooth headphones that I already paired and see the icon on the screen, but when I play a video or some music, it doesn't come through the headphones. Its still coming out of the Droid's phone speakers. Its showing that it is connected in my notifications bar too.
All of my sound for media and videos ect comes out of my earpeice, not speaker.... I don't understand..... I have a feeling that i has to do with the installed vonage app, which I did uninstall. Headphones will work fine but.... is there anyway to solve this problem?
Is there any way to control and adjust the sound level when recording video? I recently took a video at a concert and the sound is clipping really bad. I also tried to connect various external microphones to the phone but then I only get statics / clicking noises.
Is it possible to connect an external microphone to the phone? (except for the one from the hands free set). Especially with the coming HD video recording feature for the X10 the sound quality really doesn't measure up to the video quality.
It keeps ringing! I had a couple of texts, which I read, then the phone just kept on ringing. Totally bizarre. I tried everything - changing the settings on ring tone etc, vibrate only, nothing has worked. The only thing that works is turning it off & on again (but when I receive another text, off it goes again!). I eventually just turned down the volume but obviously this is not practical. I drove all the way home with it ringing merrily beside me!
I saw on another forum someone else has had this problem, but no solution was offered. I tried changing the ring tone, but even after choosing another tone, it still rang with the other tone, ie 2 different rings at the same time! A friend says her blackberry does the same, and requires the text to be acknowledged. I tried this, even deleted the messages, but no joy.
Just updated software and now my phone is not ringing through earphones, been through all settings and cant figure this out, anyone else had this problem and is there a solution, i need this option for my work as cant hear phone ringing due to loud machinery
I have been looking through the phone setup and i cant work out how to increase the length of time the phone rings before it goes to answer phone, it currently switches to answer phone approx 13 secs if it is not answered, and i would like it to ring longer, 1, to give me chance to get to it,and 2 so everyone can hear my cool ringing tune!I know other phones you can set how long for example 15 sec, 20 secs etc, and i know the blackberry had to have a code pushed in to increase to 30 secs. but i cant see how to increase the mini pro. Any ideas?
I have somehow managed to get something on my phone,so now when anyone phones me they hear 'always look on the bright side of life!'instead of the ringing tone you would normally hear when you are waiting for a phone to be answered.How do I turn this off?
I am a new SE user and am still getting to grips with using the phone's features. Could anyone advise how to transfer a call from a headset back to the phone and phone to headset? Whilst I am asking inane questions, is it possible to use the phone i.e. return to menu when in a call?
Does anybody know of an application that could mimic SE phones of old in terms of call / ringing profiles? Ya know, you could either have "Meeting", "Indoors", "Silent" etc.I know you can hold down the power button to get a couple of options there, but I would really love to be able to switch between different profiles, with maybe having a few extra options in order to switch to a "Power Saver" profile for example.
When listening music, using Mediascape, I get an incoming call. When I accept it, music stops and I hear the caller. But the built-in mic doesn't seem to work when I have the headphones still plugged in? So the caller can't hear me talk... Is this a setting I have overlooked? Does anyone know how to keep the built-in mic working when I have just headphones (Sennheiser IE7 without mic obviously) plugged in?
Just got a SE Xperia X10 and I'm just trying the headphones. I have a pair of Apple Headphones with inline mic in them and whenever i connect it to the phone, the sound is distorted. However with standard Apple Headphones, they're fine. Is something wrong with my device or is it something else?
The Eternal Speaker plays forever. I never noticed it before today, but my Eris is definitely not disabling music playback through the eternal speaker when I plug headphones (or an adapter, or anything) into the headphone jack. Sound still comes through the earbuds or headphones nice and crisp, just the speaker is ALSO playing the same sound, at the same volume.
This sort of defeats the purpose of one of the main reasons I use headphones- to mute sound for everyone but me. I tried different music players, different headphones, made sure the phone knew they were non-mic headphones, everything. I can't find a setting to tell the speaker to disable when headphones are in- isn't it supposed to be automatic?
Can I use an external gps (for higher accuracy) with the xperia x10? I've got a blumax gps mouse which communicates via bluetooth. Would that work? Wouldn't it? I guess I would be using it with GeoBeagle. How can I find out before I buy the phone which I wouldn't buy if I can't use the external gps?
Is there any best bluetooth headset for xperia x10 my in call volume is soo low when im outside i cant hear a thing.and i dont like the stock headset that comes in box when i talk it feels like person im talking to in on speaker so can u guys suggest any good headset for x10 and also so i could listen to music doesnt matter if its ear phones or headphones.
I have a Xperia X10, great phone ! but some issues.
1) It seems to use loads of data even when i am not actively using the phone, and i have disabled google's background data setting. I would stop using the phone with the 3g connection on and my NetCounter app would say 2,5mb used , i would sleep and wake up and it would note 23mb used for instance. Does this phone send background info to SE and Google over and above what we can control in the settings. As i live in South Africa , our internet browsing cost are high even via 3G and this seems extreme. What should a average user be using in a month? ( ?MB)
2) The next issue blows my mind. Due to the fact that i used to have a SE p910i and it did connect with ease. The Experia seems unable to connect to the internet via the USB cable. It does connect to the PC to trf. files and music , photos etc , and it can use the internet via PC (connected to LAN) to do an update. Yet with my phone connected to PC i cannot simply use LAN through PC to browse on the phone. I know the phone is aimed at mobile connectivity via 2/3G and WiFi, i get that. But if my phone is connected to my PC most days when i am in the office ( it charges like this obviously) then why am i forced to use 3G or wifi, it seems odd that such an "amazing" phone in constrained like this. So if i want to browse the Android Market while connected to PC i am forced to use 3G or connect to a wifi network to do this , thus having to pay for data , that would otherwise be accessed if i could get access to the LAN.
Please can someone explain why an advanced handset, "smart" phone cant seem to do , what most handsets prior to these fancy touch screens could do. I mean i had a Samsung Omnia and decided to go back to SE, the Omnia could share its internet connection with my PC and it could also connect to the internet via the USB ( access LAN via PC)
SE dont you think it is embaressing that clients have to bring up issues like this. For all that android is , it seems more limiting in my experience so far , having used the X10 for 3 months.
SE please suprise me with some options or at least news of an update that can remedy what i would call an embarassing oversight. I think the Windows OS phones do this in their sleep.
i have a question regarding playing files on TV via wifi which are located on an external HD, which is connected to TF101. In other words, i have toshiba external drive 500 gb, tf101, samsung ace 2 phone, samsung tv and skifta program. The idea is, connect external drive to tf101, initiate skifta in tf101 and in ace 2 phone and by using phone initiate a movie on TV which is located in external drive? And here I come into a problem, i can play movies on TV that are on my phone, and those that are in TF101, but with skifta my ace 2 does not list movies that are on external drive which is connected to TF101 If i use only TF101 and skifta, i also can play on TV only those files, that are on TF101 but those which are on external HDD are not listed.
How can we use a bluetooth headset with Xperia X10 Mini Pro? I cannot see any option to configure the bluetooth device or to transfer the ongoing call to bluetooth headset. I have installed Bluetooth File Transfer App before to use bluetooth for file transfer.
I am unable to pair my jabra BT2020 headset with my Xperia x10. The phone just doesn't detect the headset, even after pressing the scan for new hardware button. Is this because the phone comes with version 2.1 and the headset is only 2.0. Is there any option to go round this problem, or should I get myself a new 2.1 version headset.
SE and all X10 user, it's so great after the x10 had officially released the androind 2.1 OS,but there are few problems that i had experienced which really irritates me and disappointed me.
1) i'm not sure anyone of you has experience what i'm having here. while i'm typing the message, most of the time the qwerty keyboard's key will stuck and keep pressing even though my fingers are not touching on the screen, e.g while pressing the spacebar, it wil keep continue pressing... the most irritates me while i'm pressing backspace key it's stuck and what i've type previously all gone just that way.
2) i'm used to typing with chinese sms, while the words that i want to use was not in the small bar, there's a key to show all the words i want from the page. i scroll down and saw the words i want, but it's unresponding toward my touch, not only the words i want, but also the remaining words below the page.. why? wish you guys will be able to understand what i'm trying to say.
3) my headset was come in the box originally with my x10i, during the android 1.6 OS the button on the mic is able to answer/hang up the call.. but after updated to android 2.2, that button is not anymore useful,why?