Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 :: Can Screen Support Multi-touch?
Mar 28, 2010
The Xperia X10 atm, runs at android 1.6, which only recognizes 1 touch at a time on the touchscreen.
If Sony ever gives us an update to 2.1, which supports multi-touch,....Can the X10 screen support multi-touch, but restricted by the android version atm only, or is X10's screen only able to support single touch in the first place, and won't matter if android is updated?
Multi-touch issue, was promised late last year then was announced that it wasn't going to happen, can we replace the digitizer so we can get dual/multi-touch? Ninth Issue Now it seems that SE don't want to talk about Multi-touch, I just don't understand how come Xperia X10 has a single touch digitizer but X10mini has a dual touch digitizer but it's disabled so it can only work as a single touch. My question is this: Can we replace the digitizer in the Xperia X10 to a Dual or Multi-touch digitizer? Multi-touch fiasco: SE kept saying that Xperia X10 was Dual/Multiple touch capable, it was confirmed during Mobile World Congress, it was later "corrected", and Sumit Malhotra in the official Sony Ericsson blog said that the Xperia X10 was going to have Multi-touch with an OS update which few months later and after thousands of unanswered post by customers and SE fans we learned the truth that its not software but a hardware issue, in other words, its cheaper for SE to buy single touch digitizer for a 4inch screen than ironically buying a dual touch digitizer for the x10 mini but block it through software, yeah the x10 mini has hardware capable of dual touch but: " I noted some of your comments asking for the multi touch support. Having shared our personal experiences using the new UI within our team, we just love it the way it is and think that multi-touch would actually just destroy the simplicity of using these products. To avoid any speculation I can confirm that we do not have any intention to implement multi touch on X10 mini and X10 mini pro." Timo Maassmann " http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2010/05/06/one-hand-touch-operation-we-just-love-it/#comments"
The date and time is Sept 30 2010 at 11:32am. Which i set and is correct and is correct on the smaller clock on top right hand of the screen. However, on the bigger time and date that "floats" on the touch screen it is still reading 9:43am with yesterday's date which is the 29th of sept. Then when i want to change my phone setting to either vibrate or silent....again, the smaller notification is correct but the big setting that "floats" on screen keeps telling me its on vibrate when i try to change it. Is this normal?
As the title basically says it all, my LCD screen has broken. The phone was in my pocket while i was changing a flat tire, after that it was broken. The phone still works, however inside the LCD display has some strange black lines and a piece of the display remains black. I sent several emails through the SE website. The first reaction was that i had sent an email to the wrong support, and that they have forwarded my message to the appropriate support dept. From that request i haven't heard anything yet ( 1 week ago). Since i bought my phone online, the phone originated from Hong Kong. So i sent an email to Hong Kong support. They replied to update the software using the SEUS. I sent them a reply that updating the software didn't help, but i have not received another reply since. I also sent another support request to what i believe is the right support for my location (Aruba, Caribbean), but i didn't get a reply, not even a confirmation of my support request.
So now I don't know what to do with my phone, where I live there is no SE service center or any dealer or anything that can fix it. Any suggestions as to what I can do to get my phone fixed? Many thanks in advance.
SE and all X10 user, it's so great after the x10 had officially released the androind 2.1 OS,but there are few problems that i had experienced which really irritates me and disappointed me.
1) i'm not sure anyone of you has experience what i'm having here. while i'm typing the message, most of the time the qwerty keyboard's key will stuck and keep pressing even though my fingers are not touching on the screen, e.g while pressing the spacebar, it wil keep continue pressing... the most irritates me while i'm pressing backspace key it's stuck and what i've type previously all gone just that way.
2) i'm used to typing with chinese sms, while the words that i want to use was not in the small bar, there's a key to show all the words i want from the page. i scroll down and saw the words i want, but it's unresponding toward my touch, not only the words i want, but also the remaining words below the page.. why? wish you guys will be able to understand what i'm trying to say.
3) my headset was come in the box originally with my x10i, during the android 1.6 OS the button on the mic is able to answer/hang up the call.. but after updated to android 2.2, that button is not anymore useful,why?
I have noticed that over the last 2 months that when I'm in a call It is not allowing me to use the touchscreen for anything including ending the call. At first i wasn't too fussed about this as i could just use the power button to end the call but it is extremely annoying when it comes to getting numbers or when you need to press numbers to get through the menus when getting hold of companies etc.
Hey Androidforums mates, When I use my fingertips (index finger) on the touch screen (not my fingernail but just below it), it's not as responsive as using the flat part of your finger. Does this happen to you? Every time I use my fingertip to scroll around, it would always accidental open an app or accidental open up a link. If i use my thumb by the flat surface, it's fine as well.
The fingertip I was talking about is labeled "A" which I am having problems scrolling around with (seems like not sensing that part of the finger sometimes). If i use the part labeled "B", it's fine and 'connects' with my finger. It's fine when I press harder using "A" but that's CZ it is sensing more of my finger.
i have a brand new x10 mini pro.and touch screen wont work after i use the phone for a few minutes or sometimes when it came out of standby. only thing i can do is to remove the battery.how can i fix the problem? is it a hardware problem? s something wrong with proximity sensor?
Is there any protective covers for the experia X10 like they have for the iphone, especially the touch screen as this gets coveren in finger prints every time it is used and must be continuously cleaned, or do they have a stylus pencil for the Experia?
But now whenever I'm taking a call the touch screen stops working, so the only way for me to hang up is to take the battery out.Has anyone else had the same problem and is their anything I can do to fix this?
When I click on the touch screen to make a call and want to quickly find a name in the contacts I have to type in the name onle letter (and a few presses) at a time or open the keyboard. I can't select the 'quick text' option.
I am planning to buy a 32 gb micro sdhc card for my Xperia X10.However, I have found tons of confusing and conflicting information here on SE forums and all over the net.To my surprise, even Sony Ericsson itself giving conflicting information regarding this.On the product page of Xperia X10 (click this link and click on the specifications), it says that Xperia X10 supports microSD up to 16GB only.Whereas the official Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 White paper (on page no.5) says that it supports -microSD, up to 32 GB. (The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 White paper can be downloaded from this link).Now i urge someone, preferably an SE moderator or staff, to enlighten on this matter and answer how and why SE is giving contradictory and confusing statements regarding the sd card capability and compatibility for the same product?.
HTC G1 is perfectly capable of multi touch support. Please guys implement that in the next OTA update if possible. I understand is something that Apple Created with their Iphone, but G1 has a lot of petential and multi touch i needed for the sucess of this product. Google works with Apple and I am sure you can implement that feature with the phone.
I wonder if is the Android multi-touch support reliable? I've read it suffers from some problems.I also wonder, how can I define custom multi-touch gestures? Like: 3 fingers rotate or 3 fingers stay static and fourth is moving.I've come across some resources (Gestures or MotionEvent on developer.android.com) but nothing states it clearly.
I've become a bit confused about the X10's camera. When I first bought mine, I could have sworn the camera had a "multi-shot" setting, but I can no longer find it. Google results show up a couple of old reviews online which claim the X10 has multi shot capabilities, but I can find nothing on any spec sheets.
Hey everyone, I'm hoping to get the answers i'm looking for here so I can become a new Moment owner and a part of this community. First off, I have a palm pre and really do love my phone. It's great for movies and internet browsing. It's also just a slick looking phone. However, it's hard to ignore the growing giant that is Android. I have thought about getting the droid, but I don't like Verizon's plans, internet speed, nor the lack of a physical phone button. With that, i'm hoping some of you can help me with a few questions.
1) Can the phone physically support multi-touch. I know that the phone isn't set up that way, but with the Hero and Droid, you can download the Dolphin app and it will make multi-touch possible. The main thing I want is to be able to pinch zoom. That may sound corny, but I love it. It's the main reason I wanted a Pre.
2) Is there an auto-complete for typing like the iPhone or Droid. When playing with it, I didn't see one, but maybe it's a feature you have to turn on.
3) How is the hardware casing holding up? It looks awfully plastic and that scares me.
4) Is there another Sprint Android phone with a physical keyboard coming out in the next year I should maybe be waiting on?
5) How is the media player? Watching divx, making playlists, going through pictures?
6) Can you multi-task? This is a big one for me. I like being able to text, get a phone call, answer it, and go back to my text without a hassle. Same with the internet. I like to be on a conference call, and go surf the web at the same time, maybe even have a texting conversation, conference call, and surf the web at once. You wouldn't believe how many times that comes up.
7) Overall, what is you favorite thing about the phone. What's the thing you didn't know you loved until you had it.
Thank you all again to those who respond. I'm not trying to be lazy by not searching, believe me I have, but I always seem to get misinterpretations of the questions and answers.