Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 :: Bluetooth File Transfer / Document Viewer?
Jul 5, 2010
Does any one know how we can transfer files from one phone to another in Xperia X10 mini? I tried to figure out but couldn't. So far this is the crapiest phone I ever bought. I wish I could return it to the seller. I cannot view my Pdf and Doc files. It is supposed to come with a document viewer (its written there in specs). Where do I find this document viewer?
I have used the 'wireless file transfer' program on my PC to send an audio file to my Xperia X10. It sent fine, but I can't find the file on my phone. In case it hadn't sent properly I sent it again but was told the filename already exists at the destination. It's not in mediascape, it must be in a folder somewhere, but where?
I installed the bluetooth file transfer app from the market and it worked fine for a couple of goes, then my 6 yr old got hold of my phone and i am not sure if he altered some sort of setting and it is now not sending out files (it says on the recieving phone, - connection dropped- ) it is also now not connecting to other phones.
I can pair my SE mini x10 with my Apple Macbook however can't connect and also can't trf files from macbook to mini x10. When I try to trf, Macbook gives the message 'The device doesnot have the necessary services'
I'm having trouble retrieving / viewing the call history (X10) with a bluetooth connection to a built in car kit.i.e. missed / incoming / outgoing.The only option I get is phonebook and then have to scroll through to the required number.Have I missed something? Is this feature supported (can't find anything in the user manual) or will I need to use an app?I know the car kit supports this feature as my work Nokia (basic phone only) is fine.
Just a bit of a weird happening, when I got the phone out of the box I transferred all the contacts over via Bluetooth with no issue. I have since updated Android 1.6 and again repaired that update and lost all the contacts. Now when I try to Bluetooth them over I just get all the names and no numbers.
Is there anyway I can fix this? I tried getting all the contacts onto the sim card, but no luck.
I bought Xperia Pro mini and was told i will be able to trasfer files via bluetooth to other devices. Unfortunately, my phone cannot be detected by other phone eventhough the bluetooth is on. Even if I pair it with other phone & devices..it aint working.
I have a X10 mini and having a few problems. Could someone give me a good explanation on how to save pictures that I recieve in an MMS pic message? also then a good explanation ho to transfer the picture to my PC via bluetooth? I am struggling to get my phone to connect to my PC.
just upgraded from c902 to Xperia 10 and so far ok with synchronizing except how do I transfer photos and recorded music as well as added ringtones from my old phone to the X10 please? I thought everything would be synched.
I just bought Xperia X10 mini pro (android 1.6). Trying to transfer a file from laptop to mobile. Both devices detect each other but file transfer from laptop to mobile fails. Do we need to any changes before using bluetooth first?
i just download some applications from the Market then suddenly got warning phone storage getting low. So is there anyway to transfer the files from phone storage to SD storage ??? PLease anyone who knows about it to inform me coz i stuck with this problem.
As the title says, i've lost the default image viewer. My phone had a minor update which changed the way it receives further updates and added Backup & Restore.
But since I have lost the default image viewer. So without crappy mediascape I'm no longer able to click through my images, zoom and set as wallpaper. Has anyone else come across this? Is there a way I can download default software again? Pretty agrovate about this, x10 has been a nightmare since day 1.
I am a new SE user and am still getting to grips with using the phone's features. Could anyone advise how to transfer a call from a headset back to the phone and phone to headset? Whilst I am asking inane questions, is it possible to use the phone i.e. return to menu when in a call?
1. Phone security - I've just moved from my Sony Ericsson C510 and have had other SE phones over the last 4 or 5 years and all have had the option to have a SIM lock and a phone lock, so basically you enter two pins at startup. I have managed to set the SIM lock on my X10 so it asks for a code at each startup, but the only other options I see for a lock are the pattern drawing thing, which admittedly I haven't attempted to set up yet. Is there anything where I can enter a code-based phone lock like on my old C510?
2. I have managed to transfer all of my contacts from my C510 using the send-all option over bluetooth, but is there anything I can do to transfer all of my texts to the X10?
3. Wallpaper. On all of my previous SE phones, it has always given me the option to use either a standard picture size or a maximised size for my phone wallpapers. On the X10 it forces me to crop my picture to a size which is not ideal! (e.g - if i wanted a pic of someone as my wallpaper, it would probably just cover their eyes!) To make this worse, once the selection is selected, the wallpaper is horribly zoomed and blocky. Surely I am doing something wrong and this can be resolved??
4. Where is the file system? Unlike my previous phones there is no file manager.
5. Is it possible to switch apps when they are running? If I am running an App, Opera for example, and I press the back/home buttons, the only way I can get back to opera is to goto the main menu and click on it. Surely it should be running in the tray at the top (like ebuddy does when I run that, even after I've pressed back/home
Would like to ask if there is any option with the x10 that you can transfer your text messages from your old phone to the x10? I have sms messages in 2 of my old phones (blackberry storm 9530 & sonyericsson k800i) that I would like to transfer.
Can anyone tell me how to go about transferring my contacts from Ovi on my PC to my new phone Xperia X10i. I have currently downloaded my contacts and everything else on to an old Nokia phone and am sending each contact individually via bluetooth.