I had the weird issue of my screen staying on after texts, missed calls, etc.to the point that it would continue to drain the battery if I let it.The only way to remedy this was seemingly to activate the puzzle lock piece.On a missed text, call, etc., the screen would turn on to notify me with a visible puzzle lock screen, but then shut off after literally 1 second.Now I feel like I'm in a race against my own phone to detect a text and rip it out of my pocket to swipe the screen before it goes black and I have to hit the sleep/power button to turn it back on and swipe it that way.It's stupid.Yes, I want the screen to not be on all day, but damn.1 second? Is there any happy medium?
I have a samsung vibrant. Every time i plug it in its charger, the lock screen will not lock amd if m doing something, the sensitivity of the screen will be thrown of. It doesn't do that if i plug,it,in a computer usb, it doesn't,do that and charges normally. Is that a wide spread issue.
I was watching some You Tube phone reviews the other day and saw one from I believe PhoneDog and had a lock screen where you moved a puzzle piece into place to unlock the screen. Is this a download or native to a certain phone?
On my D1, I downloaded My Auto Lock App that allowed me to hit the power button and the phone would open to the last screen that was open without having to slide the green unlock which is a PITA if you are going without a lock pattern. Is there an app to allow skipping the puzzle slide. I have not yet found one.
I am looking for a free app to change my lock screen. I looked at lockbot and it just wasn't what I was looking for. At least the free version wasn't. I am not ready to pay for a app yet. Still new to android. I like my homepage. I use fancywidgets and like the clock and weather and would like that on my lock screen so all I have to do is hit the power button and see the huge clock. I also don't want to have to swipe so far to unlock the screen. Can someone point me in the direction of a app to change my lock screen around? a free app for now.
I just got the vibrant about a week ago, and so far no major issues. Still fumbling around in the apps market for the good stuff. One thing I found annoying was having to press the power/unlock button and then swiping the screen to unlock the phone every time, is there anything in the market or some setting to avoid pressing the button and just swiping the screen or possibly using the touch buttons on the front of the phone then swiping?
Just got my new Vibrant delivered yesterday so now the questions start.
1. Is there a way to disable the automatic screen locking and allow me to just press the on/off switch to lock? There are many cases where I don't want the screen to lock automatically - eg. listening to music. But then when I put the phone in my pocket, case, whatever, I'd like to press a button to lock it.
Is there a way to have separate delays for the screen off and phone lock features? I like having the screen turn off quickly (since I believe power on/off for OLED is negligible) but it is annoying to have to constantly unlock the phone if I don't hit the power button within a second or so of the screen turning off.
I made the switch from the (surprise) iPhone on the day of release to the Moto Droid. I really do like the phone, but there are 2 consistent quirks that I can't find an answer to after searching Google and many many forums.
1. Lock screen timeout. This one really annoys me for some reason (probably just because I feel like it's a waste of battery life). So I have the screen timeout set for 1 minute, so if I have the phone unlocked, and I don't use it for 1 minute then it locks itself (fine, good). BUT, if I have the phone locked, and I just hit the Home/Lock button on the top of the phone to see the lock screen, WHY does the lock screen stay on for the same amount of time (1 minute) before going off again??? If I don't unlock the phone, I just want that screen to turn off quickly, maybe in 5-10 seconds.
2. Gmail notification. I have 2 gmail accounts (1 for school, 1 personal), and it's the only mail I use or have set up on the phone. All I want to have is a notification of gmail in the taskbar so when I hit the Home/Lock button and see the lock screen, I can tell if I have gmail or not. I DON'T want the LED to blink if I don't check or delete the mail (turning LED gmail notification off). (Having the number of mails would be nice too, either in the taskbar or on the home screen, or optimally, both).
is there a way to set screen timeouts to specific apps? For instance, when running navigation, can the screen time out be set to never timeout just for that app? I only want the screen to stay lite for certain apps.
I am a samsung galaxy s user, and have been for a few months, obviously at first i had it as android 2.1, it was brilliant i had nothing to complain about. The other night i updated to 2.2, i think it was that i cant be sure, but, ever since this my phone has just been constant lag, and to be fair i havent noticed any real change except for that, for instance if i recieve a message, my phones unlock screen becomes a lot of puzzle pieces and i have to drag one puzzle piece to a gap, this has become near impossible to do it smoothly, its ridiculous. closing any apps is a nightmare and typing anything is the worse, have i done something wrong? or am i not the only one this is happening to, because my dad has the same phone he updated it just before me and its working fine.
I have the screen timeout set to 1 min which works fine until I use the phone. When using the phone the screen times out (and locks) in about 5 seconds. This is a real pain when using voicemail etc and you need to interact with the keypad.
Is there a way to separate the dimming vs. sleeping timeout? It appears that if I set the screen timeout to any value, it dims first, then sleeps. I have the "never sleep when charging" setting checked, and what it does when charging is the screen dims, but the moment does not sleep. Is there a way to prevent the dimming while charging?
1) My husband's Moment is paired with the bluetooth in our car. I know its paired because it shows up on the list of devices on the Moment but it fails to automatically connect to the car when bluetooth is on and he starts the car. This worked fine with his Treo previously and I'm pretty sure, worked with the Moment for the first coupld of times after pairing. It will connect if I do it manually but that's a pain! I have reviewed all the settings and can't find anything wrong . . .
2) Again, on my husband's Moment there seems to be a program that's running which turns on his screen and leaves it on! We hit the "end" button to turn it off but it will come back on later (I "ended" twice during the course of the night last night, a few hours apart). I have the screen timeout set to 15 secs and no other notifications/alerts in any program that would (I think) cause the screen to illuminate and not time out. Its obviously a concern for battery life and just plain annoying.
So I dropped my vibrant (with rubber SGP Silk case) about 4 feet from the ground and the screen is completely destroyed. There is no external damage, but functionality is completely gone. I got my vibrant about a month ago.
Every time the screen blanks after timeout it locks the phone - this is inconvenient because every time I pick the phone up to use I have to unlock it. is there any way to stop this - I would prefer it to never lock unless I use the power/lock button.
I downloaded a kernal on ryans lag fix and then it made my phone get stuck on the VIBRANT SAMSUNG screen so i tried to fix it by using odin, but all it did was make it go to the Galaxy s sign now, any suggestions on how i can fix this? (and also, after the galaxy s sign shows up for about ten seconds or something like that it goes all black and all that stays lit are the home button, the back button, the search button, and the settings button), i need serious help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i3nLHXO6gE
The two main issues im having are the battery will be completely drained in 1-2 hours in low service areas... post here
Now this problem. the phone will not stay asleep after timeout or end button . I have to restart the phone when it does this to make it work normal for a a short while... then usually every day... just a few hours after a restart, it does it again.
So its very consistent, very annoying. Does it with apps or no apps, nothing running or everything running, with service, or with out service.... doesn't matter.
As you can see in the vid, extremely occasionally "shaking" the phone will make it stop. but as im typing this now, its back on again. most of the time shaking doesn't do anything. Next time i may try chunking it at my fireplace
When I recieve a sms/mms on my vibrant the screen comes on and wont go off until I check my phone, this kills my battery if I get a message while im sleeping and...well..its frustrating and annoying, any ideas how to fix this? I have been up and down every setting
Ive had my Vibrant for about a week and a half and my power button seems like like it wore out like if i had it for about a year or something. When I first got the phone it was all good up until a couple days ago when I noticed it. So should I call Tmo customer service to get a replacement or wait it out till it get worse.