Samsung Captivate :: Text Message Alerts Not Showing Up?
Aug 19, 2010
A couple days ago i noticed my phone was silent, which is pretty unusual.I decided to check and see if i had any messages, hit the power button, and saw no little message icon waiting for me. I figured no one had texted me so i moved on. About a half hour later i checked again only this time went in to the messages app thingie and had three unread messages, all of which had come up within the last thirty minutes.Ive been checking it more often now and it does vibrate, but the little icon doesnt stay up long/at all. Any idea what im doing wrong? Its getting kinda annoying not knowing if i have a message or something.
Does anyone know how to set the Captivate for continuous message alerts. I set my text message and voice mail alert, but it only chimes one time and that's it, so if I'm not near my phone at the time, I wouldn't know someone texted me until I go to use my phone. How do I set it to keep alerting me until I answer it?
So, I was just curious, is there a way to set custom text message alerts on the the Droid, or can you only use the default ones that came with it? I figured out how to do custom ringtones, but cant figure out custom text message alerts.
I just got my droid. Switching over from a storm and with the storm i could set contact alerts for text messages and separate ringtones for when they call with the droid i have found there is only one text message alert and you cannot set individual alerts for text messages.
Why won't the phone vibrate for text message alerts??? I'm using handcent, I've tried audio manager. All the settings appear to be correct. The phone will vibrate for calls... Rooted, running the latest Lithium Mod ROM with Chevy's ulv 1.2 kernel. I have no other issues with the phone and the ROM/kernel configuration have worked very well!
I would like the phone to alert me approx every 5 minutes that there is an unread text. My phone alerts that I have a new text but I also want it to alert me again if I don't hear the first alert. Is there a way to do this?
I know that the droid ringtone is for the droid x and droid 2 and it's probably trademark for verizon but I was wondering if there was any way to download it onto the samsung captivate? I'm talking about the text message ringtone that just goes "droid".
I am trying to install a sound file from a soundboard into my notification tone now when i do this it will only take place for e-mail while the text message stays default. This even occurs when i actually go into the settings and manually change the notification tone. the change will reflect for the e-mail but not texts
I just downloaded on the computer and put it as a notification tone. Problem is that it's not that loud. If anyone out there know a downloadable link for a good one please post it. Moderators I don't know if u want to make a sticky for post about finding wallpapers, ringtones and downloadable stuff but it'll help rather than having a bunch of noob androids like myself posting new topics everyday. Just a thought.
A while ago Buddies randomly asked me which program I wanted it to check for text messaging, I clicked the stock messenger. Now its stuck. I tried to go into the program settings and clear the info etc. But I cant make Buddies use handscent when I want to send a text
I have a couple of questions about notifications on the Captivate.
1) My ringer, when someone calls me, starts off quiet for a few seconds then goes to full volume. The ringtone I have doesn't do that by itself, it must be a setting. Is there a way to make it ring full volume as soon as someone calls me?
2) Is there a way to make the phone vibrate when receiving a text message either while the phone is on vibrate or on normal volume.
this phone is pretty sweet with all that it can do but my major issue is with texting. I use handcent and every once in a while if I get a text and I unlock my phone and open the message before it stops vibrating ill see the first few words on the preview bar but when the handcent finnaly opens the message wont be there. its happend to me prolly 10 times now and kinda sucks asking people to resend the message. It only seems to happen when I open everything quickly, and also once in a while if its doing a function like closing handcent and I hit the power button before it fully closes the phone will restart which also is kinda anoying.
I am trying to figure out a way to be able to have a separate notification tone for email, text and calendar alerts on my Epic. Can anyone help? On my Moment I was able to create folders (ringtones, alerts, notifications, etc) on my SD card, but I was not sure if this will work on the Epic as well.
I do have a few questions about the phone. i was wondering if there is a way to make text messages alerts show up on my screen. i have an app that shows if i have one unread but it is pretty small. every other phone i've had had a pretty big notification for texts. also is there a way to have the screen light up when you get a text? there is a sound that plays when i get a text, but the screen does not light up. not sure if im just missing something, but is there a way to set different tones for different notification? right now the same thing plays when i plug my phone in, that plays when i get a text. none of these are huge issues, but i am just curious if there is a way to make some changes on the phone. im sure ill figure it out or just get used to it.
I got a Captivate on the Rogers network here in Canada and I have some questions about some weird things I've noticed.
1. Some apps don't show updates when there are updates availableI use AppBrain and when I log in it says there are updates available for the following: Street View, Maps, Movies, Vlingo Voice, and Layar.I checked the version numbers of what is installed on my phone and what's in the market and sure enough the market versions are newer.However, when I open the Market application it doesn't show those applications in the list of downloads (and so no available updates).Also, if I go to the app page for Google Maps for example it shows an Install button, not an update button or "Installed".I use these apps so I know they're installed.What's going on?Is it because they came pre-installed?Can I safely update them through AppBrain even though the Market doesn't even show them as installed?
2. I can't find the Google Car Home app.I have searched via the Market and AppBrain and can't find this app anywhere.
3. Duplicate entries under Accounts and Sync.When I go to Accounts and Sync under settings I have two Facebook entries (both the same Facebook account though) and two Twitter entries (both the same Twitter account though).If I go in to each entry they have different settings. For example, one Facebook entry has just "Sync Contacts" while the other has "SNS setting", "Sync Contacts", and "Sync Calendar".Same with the Twitter entries. Why are these duplicates here?Also, when I go in to some contacts they have duplicate linked contacts from Facebook. So I have one contact who under linked contacts shows two linked contacts, one says it's from Facebook, the other says "Unknown" but I know it's also from Facebook since it has their Facebook picture (and they only have a Facebook profile and aren't in any other service like Google or Twitter).
When I open titanium backup it prompts me to "go to phones settings, then in "applications" and tick the "unknown sources" checkbox. ok I dont have one. I tried to restore apps anyway and I got "your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from andriod".