HTC EVO 4G :: Unable To Download Pictures In Received Texts
Sep 25, 2010
Using Handscent. (However, have same problem with the supplied "Message" app). I get the texts fine....but he photos attached won't download. I get a notification that the "Message was not downloaded"...under that it says: "Generic Network Failure". I've seen a number of posts on various forums about this...but can't find a fix. Predictably, Sprint's suggestion is to do a hard reset. (They act as if that's no big deal...seems to me that it will take a long time to get my device put back together the way it is). BTW: Have tried to access texts via 3g rather than Wi-Fi, etc. Lately, it has been one thing after the other with the EVO.
I have just gotten my xperia x10 mini pro, and I`m unable to save the pictures I receive on my phone. When i view them, the only options I get is to use the picture as a wallpaper or contact picture. But I want to save the picture, so that I can transfer them to my computer. How can I do this?
I have a new HTC Droid Eris. I am unable to download pictures off text messages. I took it to the Verizon store yesterday and they told me that it is a known issue with the phone, and they are working on corrective software to solve the problem. Anyone else have the same issue ? (They wanted to do a hard reset which I declined).
I activated my phone Friday night (2 days ago) and started using the phone only on Saturday morning. A few calls are going through but almost ALL are being disconnected back to the previous/home screen after one or two rings -- INCLUDING, now, *611 and *228. Called tech services this morning and am now on hold (15 min. so far!), from a land line. Texts from my family have not shown up, since yesterday and this morning. Did a soft reset this morning.
1. The main thing is that my texts won't send anymore when I turn my screen off or even exit out of the text message window. I have to keep my phone on and on that screen for at least 5 minutes until it finally sends. Before this, I could just text, send it, turn my screen off, and put it in my pocket and not worry about it sending. With my job and my life, I can't be doing this. I need a fix for this if possible.
2. This problem isn't as big as the other two but someone will send me one text and I will receive 2-6 times. I'll either receive all of them at once, or I will receive one text, and then 5 minutes later get it again, and then again 5 more minutes, and so on and so on. Now this can get very annoying when I am quickly texting and I keep getting texts like 15 times. I need a fix for this as well if possible.
3. One of the most annoying things about all this is my keyboard is not typing. I'll click on the "insert message here" box and start typing but the letters won't appear. The word suggestions will appear and whatnot acting like I am typing but it won't. My only temporary solution to this is exiting out and going back into the text but it doesn't seem to actually work as I am finding myself sitting there for about 10 minutes exiting and entering back into the texts over and over.
I've searched to no avail. I have received pictures via picture message and I would like to save them to my gallery. When I tap the picture the only options I can find in menu bar are "set as". How do I save them?
I hope someone can help me with this.. I have received photos from friends that have sent them to me as a MMS to my SEM x10 mini pro. But the only option i now have for the photo is to use it as a background or as a pick for a contact. Does anyone know if there is a way to save it on my SD card?
I just installed Handcent on my Droid and am having two problems. I checked the settings and can't figure out why these things aren't working properly.
1. The pictures from my contact list do not show up next to the texts. Every one of my contacts has a silhouette and question mark in place of the picture - which shows up fine in the default messaging app.
2. When a new text comes in, the new text notification pops up on the taskbar. I do not receive a handcent notification icon, and if I open the text with Handcent, the default message notification does not disappear.
I just picked up the Nexus 5 a week ago and other than battery life and Hangouts I think the phone is awesome! Anyways I'm having a weird intermittent problem when I send texts through Hangouts and I'm not sure whats causing the issue. I've had Hangouts send roughly a dozen texts through thinking they were picture texts. I've had my friends answer me back saying "I didn't receive the picture", and I never tried to send a pic?I'm also not really keen on Hangouts, whats a simple to use, bug free messaging app?
Anyone have a problem not being able to see received picture mail?? people send me a photo and sometimes it just makes a received text sound and i see nothing, or i see the image in the little bubble i click it and then it disappears as if i never got it. i can send picture mail just fine and it shows up on both ends as sent/received on friends phone. however when they send one it barely ever shows me
I have used the stock sms, Chomp sms, and handcent sms and they all seem to have the same problem. I can send a pic through them, but when the person responds to the text, its says download, I press that and its unable to DL it says. My friend sent a pic twice on handcent, the same one, and it came through the second time only. Sometimes no pic will work at all. With hancent it resizes automatic, thats great, but still the same issue. Man I love everything about this phone but this is really annoying.
My phone is telling me that I have low space, but according to my computer, I have well over 3GB on my SD, which leads me to believe that text messages and applications are stored in another part on the phone or on some server. Is there a way to transfer any of these to the SD card or send them to a Gmail account? I can't even read text messages that I already received because of this and I've deleted well over 100 text messages and still can't read them.
I have the Motorola Razor Maxx on the Verizon network. Recently have received text messages I could not download. doesn't state why just "message size: 30KB" ask if I want to download or reject. When I try to download I get the same message "failed to download" is there a setting to change file sizes allowed or something else I'm missing.
I installed the Quick Settings App a while back because my brother said it was a good app. I didn't really use it so I uninstalled it. But now I can't send picture texts (MMS). He can't either. I found a thread which talks about a fix but the fix doesn't work. I started this thread because the title of that thread isn't very clear and it keeps getting buried. how to fix this without doing a hard reset? I would really like to avoid a hard reset.
Anyone else experiencing not being able to receive texts from anyone? I first noticed it about 2 days ago. Only SOME weren't coming through, now none of them are coming through. I've done a hard reset last night and I have not rooted my phone
I have Verizon and I just got the new DX.I can make and receive calls, make and receive emails, access internet/market and everything except for send/receive text messages.I have unlimited texting on my plan so it's not that, all texts refuse to be sent and I'm not getting any incoming messages either.anyone else get this?What's a fix?