Sep 21, 2010
So this morning, I put my phone on a little pile of clothes on my bathroom sink. I take my shower, get out and it's still sitting there. I tool around for ten minutes, and of course, after sitting there perfectly for almost 25 minutes, I go to brush my teeth with the water running and doesn't it pick that 1 minute window to slide off into the water. It was in the water for maybe half second. It was not submerged or have water run on it. It was back down in the water. I grabbed it, immediately rubbed the water off and removed the back cover and battery. Everything was dry. I thought I dodged a bullet. I out the battery back in and restarted. I came back a minute later and it was off. I tried to restart, nothing. I plugged it in, and the charge indicator did not come back on. I pulled the battery again, and blew into where the battery connects and noticed water coming out! Not a lot, but it was there. It either got in through the HDMI or USB, or, more likely though the back of the kickstand.
View 19 Replies
Stupid me thought I got it all out, put the battery back in and tried again. This time it made it to the Sprint 4G screen then died. I put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice. When I got to work, I pulled it out and after shaking the rice out of it (let me tell you how much rice got into to phone!!), I used compressed air in it. I didn't see any more water. I put it back with the rice and am now just scared to death. Not sure how long I should wait to put the battery back in and try it. So, this is the second evo I had as I exchanged the first one for screen separation issues. I noticed that the first phone I had water damage indicators on the outside under the cover. Now, I don't see them. If they were still where they used to be, I'd be in the clear since it never got wet back there. The battery indicator is fine. Just can't find the other ones now and I'm scared to death that when I tried to restart I may have permanently ruined my phone and I have no insurance.