General :: Some Features Aren't Working On Samsung Galaxy Grand
Nov 27, 2013
I have a samsung galaxy grand and I so like it but I am quite disappointed as some of its features aren't working. For instance, the automatic feature for making calls. The instruction says that if you put the device on your ear, it will automatically prompt you to contacts where you can make calls.
After I "upgraded" my OS to 4.2.2 using the auto-upgrade feature on my Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082, I've lost a huge number of features, including the following. Unfortunately, I didn't note my original OS, nor have I taken any kind of backup of it (not that I know how to!).
- Multi-window option has been disabled, and the multi-window toolbar has disappeared.
- Camera, Gmail and one more App that were available as icons on the lock screen are no longer available.
- Earlier on receiving a call, I could send a message with several pre-set options such as "I'm in a meeting", "I'll call you later", I'm driving", etc. This is no longer available.
- "Favorites" option has disappeared. This is a BIG inconvenience!
- When I go to "Phone", I always get the "keypad" page. Earlier, I used to get whatever page I was last on (keypad / logs / favorites)
- The text size has mysteriously (and unnecessarily) increased, in the "Logs" page.
- "Favorites" option has disappeared; I can't mark any contacts as "favorites".
- Long-pressing on any contact would give me several options, including sending contact details to anyone by message. This, and many other options, have vanished after the upgrade. At present, there are only three options: 'Edit', 'Delete', and 'Add to Group' in the main "Contacts" page, and only 'Remove Member' when viewed in the "Groups" page.
- The number of data fields in each contact in 'edit' mode have drastically reduced. Most importantly, due to removal of the "Notes" field, I have lost all the info I had entered in there: miscellaneous info that didn't fit into any other field.
- When a call is being dialled or is in progress, I can't turn on the Bluetooth because the button has been removed from the 'Call' page. Earlier, I could quickly turn on the Bluetooth and switch to it even as the call was being dialled or was in progress.
- The number of fields in each event in the calender has been drastically reduced. Most importantly, I have lost the ability to set reminders, as the 'Reminders' option has been removed. I can set events, but not reminders for them.
- The left button on my phone (the 'options' button) has no functions in the 'date' and 'event' pages.
- I can't rename folders in the gallery any more.
- More than half the options (available by pressing the left button) have disappeared.
WIDGETS, APPS & OTHER FACILITIES
- The "Alarm" widget has been removed, and I really miss it. Now I have to laboriously open the 'clock' app, scroll to the desired alarm and activate it. Earlier, I had set three or four commonly used alarms in the widget and I could set them directly from my desktop!
- Earlier, if I long-pressed the right-hand button ('Back' button) of my phone, I got a hidden pull-out menu that contained the icons of a whole lot of useful Apps that I could access quickly. Also, this pull-out menu permitted multi-windows (splitting the screen between two different Apps). This pull-out menu is no longer available.
(b) Download & restore a better (not necessarily 'higher') version of Android on my phone?
(c) Backup my OS, or set a restore point, as can be done in PCs (if that's possible)?
Ok, so i bought a use samsung galaxy s3 I747M. When i got home I was excited to test out all the cool features advertised in the comercials, to my horror, none of them worked. palm screenshot, video while texting, and i cant find the driving mode or s-voice. After tearing through all the settings, I found the the previous owner replaced touchwiz with cyanogenMod 10. Is this why these features don't work?how to get touchwiz back?
Couldn't find any particular section for Galaxy Grand so posted the Question here. I've been following all the steps given in the tutorials on XDA and youtube and many other sites to install CWM in Galaxy Grand, but to my misfortune, whenever I complete the process and try to open CWM using VOLUME UP+POWER+MENU button, the ANDROID SYSTEM RECOVERY <3e> menu opens and then I could do nothing.
I've tried installing CWM 9 times and also tried removing the batteries.
i have samsung galexy grand i9082, when i start it's stop on startup logo, then using vol up+home+power i'm wipe data. then using odin i'm flash with stock rom i9082ODDBNB1. flash done with success but on mobile it's say can't mount
having the ability to install apps to SD. I don't want to root my phone (yet). I rooted a phone successfully in the past, but now I'm trying to be a more "common" user. Is there a possibility of installing a cracked or invented update that let users install apps into SD? (without rooting). GT-I9080L
I can't get my phone to show full date on notification bar.
I have rooted my phone with CWM Rom.
Is there any way to make font size smaller to show entire date on the notification. I really struggling to access date when needed. Just looking for a customising options to shink font size of notification bar.
So I'm trying to make Google play music save on my sdcard and I'm having a problem with the script. First the phone I have is the DROID RAZR MAXX and I just did a FDR because of a root problem and now that I have it rooted the scripts aren't working. My script text is this
I have a Galaxy grand Duos, it had Android 4.1.2 (stock) and I wanted to upgrade it to Android KitKat (4.4) so I rooted it and I upgraded first to 4.2.2 using RR (Resurrection ROM) and it worked flawlessly then I used CM 11.0, I flashed CM 11.0 (the ROM) and gapps, but now it just won't boot, it's stuck at the Galaxy Grand Duos logo and it just won't go to the main screen or anything, did I brick it or what?
my i9082 was working fine, just battery draining problems...so i decided to flash it. SO, i flashed it with Odin307 and firmware I9082XXAMAB_I9082OXEAMA5_SER. Now my screen has become black and i only can hear sound...
my galaxy grand was rooted and had the Resurrection Remix custom ROM, but now I want to reset my binary counter, unroot and flash the stock ROM. I started by downloading the .tar.md5 file (stock ROM), then I loaded it in Odin v3.09 as the AP (which is the PDA option but changed its name I think) and flashed, but it says fail at the beginning and now I only see "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". I already installed Kies and tried this, but after a really long time when the progress bar reached 70%, it said Dll load fail and this was the second time I do it through Kies, but no avail and yes, I'm pretty sure that I have the ADB drivers installed. I flashed CWM touch recovery and it works good, so now I can enter Download mode and CWM mode (or whatever it's called) only. I want to flash back to the Stock ROM which I already have.
I'm now facing a problem with my Galaxy Grand Duos. It was initially on the 4.1.2 stock ROM. I tried many ROMs for 4.2.2 until I found the ROM that best suits my need which is the RR (Resurrection ROM) and it's now working normally, but the problem is that now, I need to install the 4.2.2 (leaked firmware), I found the files and followed all the tuts I found, but in videos and such they get the message "success" and I get the message "fail", I don't know what's the reason behind this, I tried changing USB ports, changing the cable, I tried nearly everything, but no avail. So basically, I now need 4.2.2 (leaked) or any KitKat (4.4) ROM, I want Carbon or SlimKat, but both require coming from a KitKat ROM (which is not my case) or 4.2.2 TW ROM, I don't think RR (Resurrection Remix) is a TW ROM, so what should I do? I need to know one of them, the KitKat or the 4.2.2 (leaked).
I just got a Galaxy S3 and I moved my songs onto a micro sd card. This was a chore. The sync feature didn't work. Th message on my machine said my disk was full,. So, I finally ended up taking out the microsd and puting it into an adaptor and moving my songs onto it.
I put back the card back into the phone. I can play songs off of the card. However, I can't seem to save any made up playlists. I've used winamp and google music player to try to make playlists. The playlists seem to disappear after a while.
Hardware used Windows 7 machine with media player. Samsung Galaxy S3 Patriot 16GB class 10 microsd
I have installed many applications on my Galaxy Grand duos, with binding the applications data to External SD card (32gb), what will be the best practice to backup all the application and the data before installing another firmware? I don't have enough space on internal sdcard to unbind the application data.
I am using the Galaxy grand I9082 Duos. I have a simple problem in WIFI signal strength, on this device signal strength showing very weak for a distance of 3 to 4 meets away from the wifi router in the next room. But Laptop shows good strength at same point.
If I take my mobile close to router shows very good strength.