General :: Nexus 5 Boot Loop And Can't Use Fastboot
Feb 5, 2014
my nexus 5 is stuck in boot loop ( turning on and off by itself and can't get past the Google icon) and i can't access the boot loader for a reset. all system reset/ factory image guides require me to access the boot loader but the problem is that the phone won't stay in the boot loader because of the boot loop, it turns off as soon as i get into the boot loader.
I have tried holding down the volume buttons and power button several times the past three days and nothing. The device vibrates and nothing happens. If I continue to hold the buttons then it vibrates every 6-7 seconds. I also tried to get into fastboot using a toolkit in our development section with no luck. The toolkit says I'm in fastboot when connected, but nothing is on my screen.
At this point I am at a complete loss. If I can't get it to work is that a valid reason for replacement by Google?
I have a Galaxy Nexus with the volume buttons spoilt (not functioning). It is rooted and running on AOKP's 4.4 rom. I accidentally installed the wrong kernel and while panicking, I wiped the data and davlik cache. Now, I am stuck in boot loop. Also, when I plug it into the computer, the phone is UNAUTHORIZED according to adb server.
Is there any way to authorize my phone without booting into the OS itself? or Is there a way to boot into bootloader/recovery without authorizing the phone and without using the physical buttons of the phone?
I turned off my N1 and when I turned it back on it never progressed passed the the N1 boot-up animation. I've taken the battery out multiple times, but it does the same thing. The animation starts up then freezes after ~3 seconds, then the animation starts again and it just repeats. Can anyone help me fix this?
I have a Nexus S running 4.0.4. I did the update manually when it was released.
The bootloader is unlocked from previous ROM experiments but this ICS is stock/unrooted.
A few weeks later, the power button now doesn't work. This is a VERY common issue, but no one knows for sure if it is Hardware or Software. I was going to lock my bootloader and send it in to get a fix or replacement device from my carrier. Alternatively, I was going to attempt to flash a ROM onto it and see if the button comes back.
The bizarre thing is that when I go into fastboot, the device freezes and I cannot use any of the buttons. Furthermore, below the device information, nothing else shows up. The device shows up to ADB when booted, but Device Manager doesn't even find an unknown device when in Fastboot.
I used insecure boot and root trying to root my phone, which was a huge mistake as i noticed a few minutes later since i cant startup anymore and only get into bootloader.
Now I'm trying to flash my stock rom back.
My CID is VODAP102 and my Version is 220.127.116.11 so i downloaded the rom and tried "fastboot flash boot boot.img" the result is: sending 'boot' <8192 KB>... FAILED <data transfer failure <Unknown error>> finished. total time: 0.158s
I recently just rooted my evo 3d sprint with the the boot 1.5 and everything went well. I decided i wanted to overclock my phone so i followed zeemaxs way. Before going into the overclock procedure i decided to do the the RCMIX Evo 3d kernel v. 2.2.3 first so i would have better results when done with the overclock procedure.I boot-up the kernel through the recovery mode on the phone butit failed to load so i just rebooted. After that my wifi and 4g stopped working. So i downloaded an app on the market called "flash image GUI" which lets me flash the kernels through the app. I flashed the RCMIX kernel and rebooted and now im stuck ima boot loop. I COULD just go back and back up to my old rom and settings etc but the problem is i dintmake any kind of back up or recovery i think.
I was running Team Jellybeans V5 No Problem for the last little while (on my T959d)Everything worked great (minus a few glitches here and there of course)Saw the update for V6, downloaded, and flashed with CWM.
Did the wipes, (cache, dalvik and factory) did the wipes again after reboot,Now Im stuck in an infinite bootloop, (goes to samsung splash, then Devilkernel Splash, then CWM where it shows cannot mount e:/ (cycles too quick I can't see it..) then it just reboots and continues, I can't boot the phone into CWM recovery, can't boot into download mode, tried USB JIG, doesnt do anything,I can't adb my phone, can't ODIN..
Tablet hangs in Bootloop after installed cm9_nightly_20120721 + protab2xxl_compatibility_1.2.0 startet from cwm 18.104.22.168. Noticed that the "/data" partition only has 15MB of Space with 0B Byte free. I wiped the cache after installation with cwm, i am not able to boot to cwm again because key combinations not work on this device.
Got a T15A Generic tablet which has the same Hardware than protab 2 xxl, Goclever A103, Coby 1042 etc..how to get CM9 or CM10 running?
I spoofed my device S6312 to galaxy nexus using network spoofer to download an incompatible game from google play store.According to network spoofer everything worked great but nothing actually happened and that game was still incompatible on play store.So I launched network spoofer and told it to recover my device again to S6102.It said that the device will reboot so I gave it permissions and my device started rebooting but it stop at the Samsung logo and was doing the same thing again and again so s actually boot looping. How to recover my device and any way to do it without a computer.
My galaxy s3 is rooted and cwm installed.I have changed a default dpi and rebooted to find my self in constant boot loop.I'm at the brink of flashing my rom to a custom one to see if it works but very scared to do so especially not knowing much about it.I have performed hard reset by going into recovery mode but it didn't work.
I have an Android tablet (Diablotek D2-721, very cheap I know, but it serves its purpose) that is stuck in a boot loop. The real problem here is that this device apparently does not have any sort of recovery mode and being in a boot loop means it does not get recognized by ADB or any firmware flashing software.
I researched all day yesterday perusing forum after forum but almost every single solution requires booting into recovery.
I had been flashing roms with 4ext recovery since you can just use smartflash but after the last time I flashed a rom the rom wouldn't load and just kept rebooting the phone the the htc screen over and over again
i m using sony ericsson xperia arc s i have rooted my phone few days ago everything was ok i have root through flashtool method and i think 587 kenel was used. i dont know about roms kernel n etc etc i have read the thread and root my phone last night i tried to install font changer i granted superuser request and phone is restarting and then stuck on bootloop first it shows sony screen and then xperia screen and again restart and this process go on what should i do
I have a bricked Samsung Galaxy S2 and have been doing some research on how to fix this. There is a lot of info online, but I don't understand most of it as it is too technical and I need having it translated into layman's terms!
- Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) - Unlocked - Purchased from Kogan 2 years ago (no longer under warranty) - Appears to be Polish stock based on the packaging and manual - I am in Australia
- Phone is stuck in boot loop, unable to get past the intro flash screen that says Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I19100.
- It keeps resetting itself and going back to flash screen infinitely. I need to remove the battery in order for it to stop doing that.
- I'm unable to get into the mode that would allow me to do a factory reset, however I am able to get into download mode.
What I think I need to do, but need verifying:
- Download Odin onto my PC. (I think Odin is software that allows me to access the core of the phone via my PC, is this correct?)
- Download the correct version of the operating system. From what I can gather, there are different versions depending upon which network you are with. Because my phone is unlocked, I need to get an unlocked version but I'm not sure whether I should get one designed for Australia or for Poland (or whether it matters)?
- Connect PC and phone via USB cable
- Turn on Odin
- Somehow use Odin to reinstall O/S on my phone
- Are the steps above correct or am I missing something?
- Does it matter which version of Odin I install or can I just do a google search for Odin downloads?
- Where do I find the file I need to reinstall the O/S?
- Where can I find instructions on how to use Odin once I have the correct file to install?
i had a custom rom gingerbread and then i wanted to do a factory reset to go back to the stock room , instead this give me big problems. it is stuck on the lg screen and i try to go into recovery and alit says is do not pull out battery Formatting data , Formatting cache and Factory reset and this it goes right back into the lg screen where it gets stuck . My computer recongizes my phone but i dont know how to use adb commands thing like a pro . i have everything i need in the folder "backup" in the clockwordmod folder .
I installed the stock firmware on my Galaxy Pocket(i.e., XXLF5 Version). Then this morning i downloaded the MakDroid ROM. and installed it through CWM recovery. But after that my phone just keep restarting to the SAMSUNG Logo and freezes there after vibrating several times..
I have a Lenovo P780 (chinese base rom) 4gb version. Rooted it and installed with CWM recovery for P780. Installed Muse UI 3.0 custom rom from custom recovery via sd card. Swapped the internal SD with External SD card by editing the vold.fstab and vold.fstab.nand also.
However, I realised that there are a lot of bloatwares that took up the RAM and started uninstalling chinese apps that seems to come with the custom rom from system. However, when I restarted the phone, its now unable to boot beyond the 1st boot screen. (Boot loop)
Current state of the phone now:
1. Able to enter custom recovery mode, but menu is blank except for the navigation commands. (return, up, down, confirm) 2. Able to enter adb only when the phone is in custom recovery mode. 3. Able to connect to PC (Windows 7 64bit). Mediatek MT6589 usb drivers installed. Many versions of sp flash tools installed and tried. 4. Can't seem to enter fastboot for this phone. (Tried many key combinations. Only Meta mode, recovery mode and factory mode are found)
Things I had tried:
1. Flashing stock rom. I had downloaded the stock roms and tried flashing with sp flash tools, but I always encounter the following errors. Had also tried switching to another windows XP based pc and still encounter these errors. (a) Firmware -> upgrade. Tried Auto Format Flash also and it returns with the same errors. - BROM ERROR: S_FT_FORMAT_FAILED (4010) Format flash error. Possibly given wrong format range. Please check your format settings.
(c) Download (only one img checkbox ticked, tried system.img and recovery.img) - - BROM ERROR: S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (4008) Download to flash fail!
2. Flashing recovery from adb terminal via windows and usb connection When I put the phone to the custom recovery (with missing menu options), the adb terminal is able to recognise the phone and returns the following after the command 'adb devices': 0123456789ABCDEF recovery
Upon entering the shell via 'adb shell', I am given the # sign. (already in SU mode?)Tried to flash a recovery image from this mode via terminal command flash_image, but encounters the following problems:
(a) unable to mount/remount - mount -o remount rw /system mount: mounting rw on /system failed: Invalid argument