I have a Galaxy Mini and yesterday i deleted a system file wich was on dev/block/ (ram5) now my mobile doesnt start and the LCD blinks when i try to Power ON. I can access without a problem to Dump and Downloading mode and i have a copy of the file ram5.
I upgraded my Galaxy 551 to Gingerbread 2.3.6. All went well. Unfortunately it seems to be a common side effect that the Z and Y keys (and some others) get swapped. The fix is apparently to modify the file /system/usr/keychars/sec_keypad.kcm.bin. The ideal thing is to put the old file from before the FW update back in, but of course I don't have that anymore! But the existing one can apparently be altered. If I can copy it to the SD card I can alter it in a hex editor and put it back.
So, I rooted my phone with that one click application, and that went OK too. I installed root explorer and found the file. There were also some others in the same folder I may be able to use. But, I cant make the folder R/W (pressing the button does nothing) so cant do anything with the file. I also tried Super Manager with no luck.
i accidentaly deleted the lib folder in system and i did not make any backup and now my Note 2 is stuck in a boot loop. When i tried to flash stock 4.1.2 it failed in the odin and on the phone it said unsuported version.
I have this problem with my friends galaxy ace GT-S5839i: here because I don't know what to do I pulled the file framework-res.apk from system and then changed the extension to zip, and changed an image inside one of the folders.
After that I zipped the pack again (tried several zip options) and changed the extension back to apk My first question: Is this ok?
I copied the changed file to sdcard and using es explorer moved the file to system/framework. Imediately After answering if I wanted to overwrite the phone freezes and never booted again.
I restored the rom and tried several times with same result I tought the problem would be trying to overwrite a file that's in use but then I found a tool the decompiled the original apk, changed the image, compiled and signed it and made a flashable zip of it.
It gsve always error in trying to flash this on recovery so I extrated the compiled and signed new framwork apk and moved it to system with es explorer... The difference now is that it didn't froze the phone but started to show fc's everywhere. Rebooted, wipede cash and dalvik, messed up woth permissions... Everything I could think of and the result os always tbe same...
1) I am using Eclipse IDE and Android SDK 2.1 for my application. My application reads some data files from the File System, so using DDMS i push all the files in "/data/data/com.mypackage/" folder and run my application on emulator. I am able to see my desired output properly on the emulator.
2) Now i have Android device and i don't know how to push the files in the Internal memory of the phone. I have installed driver CD. But it only shows me the SD card directory.
3) Actually what i want is that the moment my application is installed and run it should read the data files from the file system. So there should be no added efforts to push the files in the file system.
4)Means can i pack my data files with my .apk file and when the apk is getting installed can the data files be placed directly in the internal memory(file system) i.e. "/data/data/com.mypackage/" folder. Is this possible ?
the phone's carrier was virgin mobile so i downloaded an app to unlock it to another carrier but phone froze during process so had to power off and on the it got stuck on logo screen so some how i managed to install twrp v220.127.116.11 onto the phone but i am now just stuck here the phone now has no operating system and it showing internal memory as 0mb and i can only mount external SD.
I unplugged my phone from the computer after looking at pictures, When I went to go back into the gallery they were all gone and so was the Camera file located normally in the DCIM file. So I have lost all my pictures that were on my SD card where I had them stored after taking them.I unmounted the card and tried to look that way also.
CM 11, gapps installed on internal storage. I have done a recovery with cwm 6 and factory reset and formated caches, I only have 1.19gb left out of 9.59 total. There is no way that my rom and gapps bloatware is using that much space. Here is a screen shot. I have to be missing something.
I own galaxy s4 running stock rooted 4.2.2. What happened Is when I installed 4.2.2, I found that my internal sd card got erased which never happened with me before . Now the question Is CAN I RESTORE MY LOST FILES FROM INTERNAL SD ????
Is there some sort of log file that will show phone activity? I don't have a password lock on my phone and don't need one, but I suspect someone is using my phone while I'm sleeping. Is there a log that might show events such as someone unlocking the screen and viewing my calls or other applications?
my problem is that when i turned on the power button of my se LWW. it's stuck at screen displaying "Free Experia Project".it happened due to i accidently format the system file...all those things needed to startup the phone is missing.what shud i do to fix my phone back so that i can start it like normal?
*I can only go to recovery when press+hold volume rocker button when it's starting up till that "Free Experia Project".
I am trying to revive white Pandigital using ADB commands to push files on the system's folder of the device then flashing them.
The computer sees the device, adb has root access, yet when trying to push files is gives me an error indication that the system/data/midc is a read only. tried adb remount over and over with no lick. Is there any other way to get to write on the system folder?
I uninstalled my SuperSU app off of my rooted Galaxy S4; it happen of off a mistake I did playing around with my phone and now it says
" There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem! If you just upgraded to Android 4.3(But im already updated to 4.3), you need to manually re-root - consult the relevant forums for your device! ".
( I have the picture as an attachment). Now my device cannot un-root when I tried to but I want to get my old rooted device back I've been trying to root it again with my rooting program but nothing is working trying methods that I've seen on Youtube and various websites and now im just done. I really want my device to be fully rooted again but it just keeps giving me the same message even when I uninstall it and install it again, rebooting the device its hopeless...
Here is my device info. Model #: SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 ( its AT&T) Version: 4.3 Baseband version: 4.3 And to root my device I used the Saferoot program.
I have 1 rom, I pulled the file system, for example: system.rfs or system.img.ext4 or factoryfs.rfs. I added, customize the apk and want to put it back and want to be first to run the emulator software to check for errors before running Core issues, problems I faced.
1. how to repackage the system files that (system.rfs, system.img.ext4, factoryfs.rfs, system.img) 2. Using software to run the emulator
My objective is to create a text file in an android file system.
Using java language, I am creating an app. It has a screen with a table of 3columns. Each time a user enters the table row and click on Submit button, the row entry should be created as a separate comma-separated file on an android device. So each time when the table gets updated with new entry and clicks a submit button, a new file is getting created on the device file system. So I am looking for the file connectivity to the internal device memory where I could open the files and access it.
I have done the same in Nokia mobiles using J2ME. But for Android, I am not able to find the device file path.
OK the system folder was deleted on the Impression 10. It boots but gets hung on the "Impression" logo. I hook it up to the computer, the computer recognzes it but I cannot access the files on both the SD Card nor the internal memory. Android Commander and ADB cannot access it. I have the stock system image file from leader, I also backed-up my system folder. how I can push the files from the computer to the tablet or is it too far gone?
Phone: UK Galaxy S Issue: Recovery boot error message in red writing
Multicsc : can not access to / system/csc/VOD/system/
Background: I have been trying to root my phone from information found in a youtube video. All went well and the little ninja bloke with the sniper rifle was in the app list. Tried installing busybox and was told that the phone was not rooted�..
I think I ran the root application again and at some point I started getting this error message when in recovery. I have since run the one click root method to unroot the phone and the little nija dude is no longer there. Since I rooted the phone it will no longer connect to my wireless network, it finds the network and attempts to obtain an ip address. After a few min it times out and tries again. When I load the phone recovery the error message is still present.
After I "upgraded" my OS to 4.2.2 using the auto-upgrade feature on my Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082, I've lost a huge number of features, including the following. Unfortunately, I didn't note my original OS, nor have I taken any kind of backup of it (not that I know how to!).
- Multi-window option has been disabled, and the multi-window toolbar has disappeared.
- Camera, Gmail and one more App that were available as icons on the lock screen are no longer available.
- Earlier on receiving a call, I could send a message with several pre-set options such as "I'm in a meeting", "I'll call you later", I'm driving", etc. This is no longer available.
- "Favorites" option has disappeared. This is a BIG inconvenience!
- When I go to "Phone", I always get the "keypad" page. Earlier, I used to get whatever page I was last on (keypad / logs / favorites)
- The text size has mysteriously (and unnecessarily) increased, in the "Logs" page.
- "Favorites" option has disappeared; I can't mark any contacts as "favorites".
- Long-pressing on any contact would give me several options, including sending contact details to anyone by message. This, and many other options, have vanished after the upgrade. At present, there are only three options: 'Edit', 'Delete', and 'Add to Group' in the main "Contacts" page, and only 'Remove Member' when viewed in the "Groups" page.
- The number of data fields in each contact in 'edit' mode have drastically reduced. Most importantly, due to removal of the "Notes" field, I have lost all the info I had entered in there: miscellaneous info that didn't fit into any other field.
- When a call is being dialled or is in progress, I can't turn on the Bluetooth because the button has been removed from the 'Call' page. Earlier, I could quickly turn on the Bluetooth and switch to it even as the call was being dialled or was in progress.
- The number of fields in each event in the calender has been drastically reduced. Most importantly, I have lost the ability to set reminders, as the 'Reminders' option has been removed. I can set events, but not reminders for them.
- The left button on my phone (the 'options' button) has no functions in the 'date' and 'event' pages.
- I can't rename folders in the gallery any more.
- More than half the options (available by pressing the left button) have disappeared.
WIDGETS, APPS & OTHER FACILITIES
- The "Alarm" widget has been removed, and I really miss it. Now I have to laboriously open the 'clock' app, scroll to the desired alarm and activate it. Earlier, I had set three or four commonly used alarms in the widget and I could set them directly from my desktop!
- Earlier, if I long-pressed the right-hand button ('Back' button) of my phone, I got a hidden pull-out menu that contained the icons of a whole lot of useful Apps that I could access quickly. Also, this pull-out menu permitted multi-windows (splitting the screen between two different Apps). This pull-out menu is no longer available.
(b) Download & restore a better (not necessarily 'higher') version of Android on my phone?
(c) Backup my OS, or set a restore point, as can be done in PCs (if that's possible)?
everytime i installed a custom ROM preferrably CM7 Apocalypse, i always lost my data connection, i dont know why this thing happen, then last time i installed CM7 Apocalypse again (changelog dated 9/7/2012 by itasoulas) i still lost Data Connection though i follow the instructions given, plus i cant receive a message even though i installed a messaging app. im tired im reflashing my phone back to Stock Rom over and over again .
Seen this error. My sd card is not readable on any android phone or computer ive tried it on.
What I think broke it was the NEW SD CARD storage optimizer by Kalyani, I opened it up after downloading off the android market and used a feature called file explorer. It took forever to read all the files on my card and eventually I closed it out before its completion and immediately noticed my sd card is now inaccesable.
Is that error fixable or should I throw out the card?