Android :: Parse Local Media File To Get Mime Type
Jun 15, 2010
I would like to get the mime type of my local media file (3gpp , mp4, ...etc) if it is of video then i want to allocate a SurfaceView for it additionally otherwise i just use MediaPlayer to play it i have found opencore has provided some interface for that and used by mediascanner.cpp but it seems in android media framework it isnt so can i achieve this by using android media framework?
I would like to a mimetype to Android Web browser, to allow opening my application when a certain mime type file is downloaded by the web browser. Apparently, only media file's mime type can be supported by the web browser. Is it right? How can I do it?
My app has two private file formats with distinctive extensions. How to I register their MIME types and associate them with file extensions? My understanding that then my app can be launched to handle a file. How is this done and how to extract the file path my app is launched to handle?
I'm using JB 1.4.2 on Razr i. There's one thing that's annoying me a lot. I've installed the SNES Emulator SuperGNES and I've found that every single file type that have no app associated is showing SuperGNES icon and associated with it. Example: .log, .db, etc. Even files that have no extension is associated with it. The same problem occur when ZArchiver is installed. I don't know if it's a bug of these two apps or Android's in general. Remembering that this associations are shown only inside Android's native file manager. It's like every "unknown MIME type file" act like being the same.
I kept my .apk file in my "apache" webserver at "Document root" path. This is the only file at Document Root . I had removed index.html file at this location. If I keep the index.html file then other files where not displayed if I open the URL i.e http://<ip_address> using a web browser Now from my Google phone browser I'm able to download the apk file and and install it in Google phone. Note 1: I had not done any settings to add the MIME type "application/ vnd.android.package-archive" in apache web server. Note 2: I was connecting to my webserver through WiFi. But the same apk file I was not able to download from my Gmail (as attachment) and I got "unknown file type" error in this case. After reading few related topics, I came to know about the MIME type support required in webserver for android applications. Now I'm wondering how come file gets installed sucessfully from my apache webserver even without adding the MIME type "application/ vnd.android.package-archive". Any clues what's happening here?
Trying to figure what's wrong with my codings. I followed a blog post from here. I managed to get the codes to actually upload the file to a PHP web service. However, for some reason although I've set explicitly the MIME type for the file, PHP shows that the MIME is just a blank string and therefore rejected.
I want to register my application for files of a certain popular and well-documented MIME-type. The problem is that Android does not seem to recognize this MIME-type. The following sample code demonstrates this:
Anyone have idea of parsing the ical calendar file with ical4j API for android app using eclipse as development environment. I have added ical4j API, to my project, but getting some errors related to API.
I have a file which I created and is present in data/data/com.andr.filedemo/files/a.xml. Now I want to parse this file using XML Pull parser. How can we give the path of that file or how we can access that file and then parse that file using XML Pull parser.
is there a PC Server Client and Android app combo I could use?I have 90gigs of music on my home pc, and I'd love an app that could stream that music via my home wi-fi. Not going through any intermediary web services.Basically, Point to local music folders in the PC client, activate the server, browse media on my phone Just like TVersity, but for android devices.I know there is an app in dev called "FIVE" but that's not out yet,
Trying to set a file descriptor originating from a Local Socket on a Media Player fails in Android, both the SDK emulator and the actual devices. This problem was originally described in the link below, but the discussion got (unfortunately) sidetracked: http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/threa. The link gives example code to reproduce the problem - I am listing the necessary steps here as well for reference: 1) Create a thread with a Local Socket that receives raw audio data (e.g. an OGG file), for example from another Local Socket. 2) Connect the socket and a new Media Player using media Player.setDataSource( receiving Socket.getFileDescriptor()); The code will fail with UNKNOWN_ERROR on C side with the following exception on Java side: