Jun 10, 2010
I received my Evo Tuesday in the mail. I had my number ported over from AT&T Tuesday afternoon and my EVO activated. Since that time I have received only a few of the text messages being sent to me and some I send are not being received. For example:
View 13 Replies
1. I was having a conversation with a Verizon user, I got 2 of their replies, then I never got their 3rd one. They sent 2 more messages after that, never got those either.
2. I had a conversation with an AT&T person and we had about 5 replies back and forth before they stopped receiving mine.
3. A Verizon person sent me a random text and I never got it.
4. A Verizon person sent me a random text and I got it, but they never got my reply.
These scenarios have occurred over and over with both Verizon and AT&T customers. Sometimes the texts will make it, sometimes not. I don't know anyone else on Sprint's network to test it with them. I have literally spent the last 2 days on the phone with Sprint tech support, No one can figure this out.
- My EVO isn't rooted or doing anything fancy, it's pretty much out of the box.
- I am NOT using a task killer.
- I have updated PRL multiple times
- I have updated profile multiple times
- I have rebooted and removed the battery multiple times
- I tried downloading both chompsms and handcent to see if that helped but it didn't.
- I had an "RTN" (was also referred to by tech support as a ##something-or-other) hard reset done at the Sprint store (losing everything on the phone in the process). It didn't help.
Tech support was positive this would resolve the problem because all else had failed. Since it didn't, they're all out of ideas. I know it can take a day or two for routing to get straighted out but it's been 2 days and the behavior has not improved. It also doesn't make much sense if you're going back and forth fine one minute and the next minute it just fails completely. I use this phone for my job, and 90% of what I do on it is messaging. I really need to get this working. I do not want to go through the drama of doing the Sprint 30-day return and trying to get my AT&T account back. It seems a very simple thing to just be able to send & receive texts messages. My SMS service with AT&T was quite reliable.